Purpose of Indian Education Services
· To assist Indian students in meeting the challenging academic standards
· To support the district mission and assist in closing the achievement gap
· To supplement and enrich the regular academic program with culturally specific learning resources for Indian students
· To allow parents, community and students a meaningful role in program planning
Enrollment Eligibility Title VII
· The child’s parent or guardian identifies the child as being of American Indian, Alaska Native or Native Hawaiian decent.
· The child, parent or grandparent is identified as having a tribal affiliation.
· The child may be of mixed racial heritage and no specific degree of Indian blood is needed.
· Proof of tribal enrollment is not necessary.
· The parent or guardian obtains, completes, and signs a Title VII 506 student eligibility certificate form that is then filed with the WUSD #1 Indian Education Program Office.
Johnson O’Malley (JOM)
· The child must have a Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) on file at WUSD #1Indian Education Office.
INDIAN Education COMMITTEE /PARENT MEETINGS; 2ND Wednesday EACH MONTH
5:30 P.M. UPSTAIRS DISTRICT OFFICE TRAINING ROOM
800 Apache Avenue